Saturday, November 6, 2010

Flatter Day with {ippity} Chick-Jennie

Happy Saturday! Hope you had a great week! If you live in an area that takes part in Daylight Savings Time....tonight's the night we FAll Back and Hour! I Love this night.....gaining an extra hour of sleep is HEAVEN.....now if I can just make my kids see it that way. It's also a great time to check your smoke alarm batteries. Safety first! There's my Public Servince Announcement-HA! Now onto the business at hand.




We wrap up this week's {ippity} Blossom feature with a Flatter Day of sweet and talented, Jennie Kaderabek.



I was able to interview her online and this is what she had to say about herself:
My husband, Chad, & I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Along the way, we’ve owned 5 homes in 4 different states, added 2 college degrees, 2 children and many friends! I currently stay home with my 3 year old twins, but was a critical care registered nurse in a previous life!



Stamping Questions
How did you first get involved in stamping?
Many years ago, I purchased a couple stamps at my local Ben Franklin. I made Christmas gift tags.


What is your stamping style?
My style is evolving. My go to style is simple with a bit of shabby. I have branched out with other styles, but tend to return to simple designs.


Tell us about your creative process
I don’t have a process…I pick the stamp and go where my creativity takes me. Sometimes my design turns out as I imagined, other times it takes a path of it’s own!


What is your favorite {ippity} stamp set and why?
My favorite stamp set is Where You Should Be. It is the stamp set that started my love of {ippity}. I ordered the stamp set and signed up to be an {ippity} chick the very next day!


How often do you stamp?
At least once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. It all depends how much time I can fit in during other life taskes!


How long does it take you to make a project you are happy with?
Around 30 minutes. I don’t fret or worry, just let things happen & go with the flow! If it’s a more detailed project, it does take longer, but I try to keep cards to 30 minutes of craft time.


What does your craft room look like? {messy, clean, etc.}
According to my daughter, Chloe, I’m ‘naughty & need to go into time out! Daddy would be MAD!’ She’s right, it’s a disaster! My craft room is also the guest bedroom, so it at least gets organized (or the closet gets packed) when guests stay the night!


What is your biggest paper crafting challenge?
Keeping my area organized (see previous answer). I also tend to hoard precious items. I’m slowly letting go & using some of my ribbons & paper. It feels great to dust these items off and create with them!



Jennie is an {ippity} Chick. Here's what she had to say about her business.
What is the name of your Ippity Sales Blog?
{ippity} goodness


What made you decide to start selling Ippity?
I fell in love with the “right where you should be” stamp. I wanted to see if selling {ippity} is where I should be….It’s a fabulous company, I love that it’s based in the Midwest and have enjoyed meeting the {ippity} crew at various events!


Tell us about your experience selling Ippity
I have enjoyed sharing the fabulous stamps with other crafters. {ippity} is new to most people I’ve met. I look forward to sharing my love for {ippity} at craft shows in November and at a weekend scrap retreat in January. I plan to add classes & workshops as I build my customer list (and just schedule that first class!)


Here are the dates and times of those shows:

Holiday Open House, Time
Saturday, November 6 · 9:00am - 1:00pm
Olde Town Mall, 20 S Main St, Janesville, WI.

Winter Craft & Gift Show
Saturday, November 20 · 9:00am - 3:00pm
Tri-County Community Center, 112 Swift Street, Edgerton, WI



Just for FUN Questions

If you were stranded on a desert island what are the three things you would bring?
Chad, Chloe & Connor (my husband and 3 year old twins).

What is your favorite quote?
You are right where you should be

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Too much…skim milk, Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer, apple cider, cheese, ground turkey, Egg Beaters, and lots of other stuff. It needs a good cleaning!


If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
Freeze time. Either to get a break from life or preserve/enjoy the moment! I’ll be honest, usually it would be to take a break from my kids!

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Confessions of a sleep deprived twin mom.


What would your dream vacation be?
All inclusive, 70 degree weather, adult beverages and no agenda. Much like our trip to Jamaica 8 years ago!


Don't forget Jennie is running a great sale on her {ippity} Blog. Stop by and be sure to let her know if you need anything or have any questions for her. Thanks Jennie for sharing a little bit about yourself today.



The new {ippity} release is Nov. 18.....



join us for a day full of fun!


Enjoy the weekend! See you back here tomorrow for the Sunday Faves Post!





Locate an Ippity Chick!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jennie..I loved reading all about you and thanks for sharing those lovely creations you made!! I've enjoyed learning more about you!! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete