Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas and Ippity are Perfect Together!


Hello there Ippity Fans!!

It's Kelly here today and I am bringing you (a little late, no less) some more of the same ideas that we were all sharing with you on our Hip Hop yesterday.  So I guess it isn't all that "Fresh" for today's "Fresh Idea Friday," but I do have a cute idea to share with you at the end!!

I don't know about you but I was so inspired to make more of my Christmas album that I shared on my blog yesterday after seeing all the Unity and Ippity DT girls' creations for their December Daily albums. But, instead of a December Daily album, I am making a Merry Memories album that shares the 10 things I luv  about Christmas!

Here is the cover of the album that I shared with you guys yesterday....

Ippity Stamps used:  Love in Return (10 things) and Seasons of Joy (frame)

All the paper I used comes from Basic Grey or Bazzill.  


This is what the inside of the cover looks like.  

Ippity stamp used:  Life's Little Moments (title) and Seasons of Joy (frame)

Whenever you create an album that contains acrylic or see-through elements, it takes a little longer to plan it out.  The construction of it has to take into consideration what you can see when the pages are placed on top of each other.  So for the back of this page trying not to hide the snowflakes that I placed on the cover, I kept my paper and embellishments to the bottom just like it was in the front!


Next I created a partial page that hides underneath the lower panel you see above. 
It explains what the ten things are that I love about Christmas!

Ippity Stamps used:  Kissmas and Mistletoe (Snowman) and 
Love in Return (10 things and the list)

I used green paper to tie in the green dotted ribbon from it's partnering page. I embossed the snowman with detail gold embossing powder onto black cs and then cut it out.  I added the string to make it look like a scarf.  I also added some white flocking to the bottom of the page to make snow!

Here are the Ten things that I ♥ about Christmas...
1.  Family 
2.  Traditions
3.  Ornaments
4.  Santa
5.  Music
6.  Lights
7.  Village
8.  Shopping
9.  Anticipation
10.  Memories

And here are my pages representing the first thing on my list...
FAMILY

Ippity Stamps used:  Seasons of Joy (snowflake) and 
Life's Little Moments (journaling)

Ippity Stamps used: Life's Little Moments (Family)  

I purposely left the upper portion of this page blank again because it now provides a nice backdrop for my cover page which allows those snowflakes stamped on the cover to show up even better!


The next page set I have to share with you is for my third favorite thing...
ORNAMENTS

Ippity Stamps used:  A Moment in Time (the ornament is altered from the recorded stamp)

This page is narrower then the previous pages by 1 inch.  I sewed a pocket in to hide my journaling which I still need to write!  The bough and sign are from Unity's kit called Christmas Bough.  I am consistently using the bingo pieces for the numbers of each item also.  I am going to show you down below how I made the red ornament you see here too!

And here is the facing page for the one above!
 

I have an overlay that will be going over this that I stamped a Unity image on the corners and will probably write in the kids' names over their pictures.

And that's all I have completed so far... but I like how it is coming together!!  I can't wait to keep working on it!  It is soooo much fun and also easy since Ippity stamps have the best images and journaling stamps to work with ever!!!  



So, would you like a quick lesson in how I made this ornament??



Start with the "recorded" stamp from the Moment in Time stamp set...


Stamp it once in your base color.  I chose brown to coordinate with my paper...


Gather your embossing supplies using a matching color of embossing powder 
and stamp  the same image twice and then heat set the powder...



Next, cut out the dotted portion of the two embossed images and place them directly over the top and bottom halves of your base color image  The upper portion is a wee bit larger than the lower portion,
 but that is OK!  Free hand draw in the top of the ornament that the wire hanger attaches to...


Now just color in the top part with some gold ink and place your ornament on your project.  I also drew in a hanger with the same gold ink to make it look like it was hanging from the bough.


And walah!!!  You are all done!! Isn't that cute???


We sure hope that between yesterday and today we have inspired you to get a December Daily or similar album going for your family.  Your Ippity stamps will help make this project so easy.  Our stamp designers are wonderful at creating images that we need and want to use!!  

If you need any of the stamps you saw used here today,  please click below and find an Ippity Chick to buy from!  You won't be disappointed!!!

Locate an Ippity Chick!

AND DON'T FORGET!!!

The New Releases will be shown starting this Sunday at 10am CST and every day through Wednesday!!!

The New Release Party is on Thursday the 18th!!

We hope to see you right here!!!

Have an Ippity Day!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous project Kelly and the way you made the ornament is truly clever! Love it and thanks for sharing how you did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, this is Beautiful!
    Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration and the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute--LOVE your cover and ornament, kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! I'm gonna be making these ornaments for SURE :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea with the ornament! Darling result...*smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is awesome Kelly. I love this post.. love the list, tons of inspiration here.. and LOVE the ornament.. You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete