Friday, March 19, 2010

Minty Fresh- Fresh Idea Friday

Well hello there {ippity} peeps!!  

I hope you have had a great week so far and are ready to spend a wonderful weekend enjoying some down time.  This is Kelly here and I have a FRESH IDEA for you today that will hopefully get you to think of different ways to use your {ippity} stamps!

If you are like me, you can't wait for the next release of {ippity}stamps!  You probably find yourself wishing there were new stamps to use NOW!!!  Well my FRESH IDEA for you today is to use the same stamps that you already have in  new and different ways! 


For my sample today I used one of the seaweed stamps from Fishy Philosophy
BUT,  didn't use it with any fish or water!

AND

I used the Easter basket from the Sweet Thoughts of Spring 
BUT didn't make it Easter related!!


Here's what I did...

I stamped the seaweed to look like a a plant and removed some of the stalks on the left side.  And you may find it hard to recognize the Easter basket.  Look again! Can you see that the planter is actually the Easter basket without the handle or the Easter eggs in it?  

In addition to using the stamp sets mentioned above, I also used Alphabetically Adorable to label the plant and one of the scalloped borders from Sweet Thoughts of Spring to separate the image panel from the plant's name.


If you want to read more details about how I created this plant label, please visit my blog below!

I hope that this might spark you to think about your stamps in different ways.  With a little creativity and out of the box thinking you can come up with ways to use your stamps that are different than were originally intended.  


Have you come up with a unique way to use {ippity} stamps?  We would sure love for you to share it with us! Feel free to link us up to your creations in a comment below!!



Be sure to head over to the {ippity} forum on SCS to sign up for Monday's  
H{ippity} Hop!

Have a great Friday!



9 comments:

  1. Now, this is one amazing minty fresh idea!!!!! Love how you combined two stamps that are intended for other use to make a new one!!!! You are so darn creative my friend...LOVE THIS!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Kelly... love it.... that spring basket is perfect as a planter.. LOVE THIS!! u are an amazing woman..thks for sharing with us! hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really rocked those stamps!! Awesome ideas, thanks so much for share and giving me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, this is so clever! Love the way the colors blend with the plant, SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I love this idea. I can see popping these into my pots on the front porch by season. Will definitely be "borrowing" this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh is this ever a super fabulous and fun idea! I DEFINATELY need to try that out!!! Holy cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative Kelly! I love this project! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete