Tuesday, February 16, 2010

T{ippity} Tuesday

Hi everyone! It's Michelle here with today's Tuesday Tip!! I can't take credit for this tip, I saw it on someone's blog one night when I was blurfing around. Unfortunately, I didn't make a note WHO's blog it was! (if you know, please mention in the comments and I will give proper credit and link)

DON'T BE AFRAID TO CUT YOUR RUBBER!

Kinda simple really. One of the many advantages of UNMOUNTED rubber is that you can CUT them! Yep. Do you ever find that the sentiment stamp you want is too long for the space you have on your card?

Well, try cutting the sentiment.

The trick to this is cutting it in a V shape, so it fits back together easily and stick to the block -good as new. My example uses a stamp from the set Music of My Heart.

This first picture shows the sentiment all together:This picture shows it apart (I even trimmed the top and bottoms of the stamps to fit closer together on the block):This gives a better view of the cuts:
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

15 comments:

  1. How simple, now why have we not already thought of that??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You smart lady you!!! I do this all the time but would have never thought to share it as a tip. It's such a HUGE advantage of unmounted. FAB job girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tip Michelle!! I am glad you reminded me about this one!! I am usually a little afraid to cut my stamps, but the v-shaped way is a great idea!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! I've cut some of my images before, like seperating a girl and her cat to use them apart... but I never thought of doing that with sentiments! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the trick of cutting it in a V-shape! That sure helps when trying to keep the sentiment back to the original form. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. That way it fits back together like a puzzle. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip about the v-shape. I do trim off excess rubber from the stamps to get close to the image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip--I had to cut my rubber from Unity because it wasn't all the way through...scared me....but I did alright! Now I have your permission to cut more! Takes lots of courage! I'll keep you posted on my progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes it so much easier to cut your stamps apart when you have limited room on your creation...I do this too, but never thought about cutting it into a 'v' to get it back perfectly! Awesome share Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always too nervous to cut my rubber like that but the V tip is an awesome idea!! That way, it can fit back together as intended and also used apart. Now I'm going to be doing that in the future!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep, I had NO idea, so thanks for this tip. I always just use markers and a samj! this is waaaay better!

    ReplyDelete