Thursday, January 14, 2010

A pretty jewelry box

Good morning, this is Eva and today I have a pretty jewelry box to share with you that I altered in {ippity} style.  I wanted to show you that having these pretty stamps are not just for cards, but you can create home decorations with them, too.  Just in time for all those pretty Valentine's day jewelry you might be getting, right???  Hehehe...well, one never knows. 

Anyway, here is the little box I created using the Because of you {ippity} set.



So, what do you need to make this pretty box?  Well, first of all you need your Because of you stamp set.



Than, you need a wooden box.  I purchased mine at Michael's and it's a oval shape one, as you can see..  Works for this design perfectly.  You will also need three different patterned papers, if you are trying to recreate something like mine and black and cream cardstock.  I cut strips of the patterned paper according to the width I needed to cover the sides of my box and a just a little skinnier one from the black cardstock and punched the edge of that with a border punch (it's my newest Martha Stewart punch...isn't it pretty??).  I also traced the oval shape top on the dotted paper and cut it out.



Next I inked the edges with my Ranger Distress ink.



Than I adhered all the paper to the box using PPA glue and added my black cardstock trim ad on top of that my pretty lace.



From the black cardstock I cut a label shape out with using Spellbinders.  I stamped my {ippity} images on several papers, so I can layer them to get a 3D look of the flower.



I cut out the flowers to get them ready for assembly and dry embossed  my label shape with Cuttlebug embosser to add more interest to my project.  I also pierced the edge of the label.



Finally assemble the flower using pop dots, add some Prima Crystals and tie a ribbon around the top portion of the box to get the finished results..

 

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial and that you get inspired to make a pretty jewelry box.



Have a fabulous {ippity} day! 

Eva

11 comments:

  1. this is amazing Eva.. I just love this and what you did with the stamps. great tutorial, I will have to go get me a box!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! Gorgeous lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and pretty Eva...luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful, is this?! LOVE it, Eva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's weird...I posted the above comment and instead of my avie and name, it posted as Ippity....

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooo fabulous, EVA!!!! love the papers and the pretty lace and yes that punch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva this is gorgeous!! I really like the red and black color combo! Great quote too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete