Thursday, December 10, 2009

That's how you do it....

Let's kick off our "That's how you do it" Thursdays with a fun share. This is Eva typing away....  Our DT decided on Thursdays we would show you a few ways you can use our {ippity} stamps. I don't know about you, but I can always use some ideas to try out!

With the holidays just around the corner I thought it would be perfect time to talk about making gifts using {ippity} stamps.  You still have time to make them, after all today is just the 10th!  So how about making some pretty tile coasters????  Here is what I did.



I used the Simply Home stamp set for creating these tiles.  And you can totally dress them up with more {ippity} stamps to get them ready for gift giving.  For the tag I used the Kissmas and Mistletoe set.  Don't they just look so pretty???



So, now you may ask, how I made these pretty tiles?  I have made these tiles many years ago using different stamps of course, and since I don't like to reinvent the wheel, I will just share the link to a great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers, so you can make them as well.


Tile Coaster tutorial

Couple of tips I can share with you ,that I have learned about and thought would be worth mentioning.  One, I used Stazon and Pallette inkpads on these tiles, and the other thing is to assure that the image won't smudge I sprayed them with Krylon Acrylic Sealant, but I heard you can bake them, too. 

Hope you find these coasters fun and that you will try making them.



Have a FABULOUS {ippity} day!!!

7 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I LOVE these...I totally need to make these for a Christmas gift! Thanks so much for the idea Eva! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These would make a super fabulous gift! Love the idea! Thank you Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing Eva!! I need to try this because they are a wonderful gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea!, Eva! Where do you get the tiles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made coasters before but these are FABULOUS!! Thanks Eva, so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are BEAUTIFUL Eva, and thanks for the tutorial too!! I have to try this out!! :-)

    ReplyDelete